getting coolant into my charge pipes and into my intercooler?????

mk3<3

Feb 21, 2010
perris
hey guys i recently did a 1j swap into my mk3 and im getting coolant into my charge pipes and into my intercooler piping? its getting worse and i wanna know if anyone knows of any gasgets that might be bad?I will go threw all my coolant lines but i wanna get some info before i take the charge pipes off thanx guys.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
take off the hotside pipe from where it goes from your twins to the single pipe... if you feel coolant dripping out of the cast pipe then you likely have a leaking seal on a turbo

mk3<3

Feb 21, 2010
perris
idk what rad it is. its aluminum rad but idk the brand. ok yeah thats what im going to do rite now thanxs alot bro .

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Moy;1775021 said:
take off the hotside pipe from where it goes from your twins to the single pipe... if you feel coolant dripping out of the cast pipe then you likely have a leaking seal on a turbo

There's no coolant seal in the turbo. The coolant cavity doesn't come in direct contact with the shaft or rotating parts in the turbo. Maybe if the center housing was cracked it could leak coolant from the CHRA to the charge pipes, but that's a long shot.

My vote is for a coolant hose being hooked up to a vacuum hose.