Gettin it sideways...

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
Dang last night just did my first drift session and it was something else! never thought drifting was so much fun =) how many of you drift with your supras? and how is it going so far?

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgw4tCZX-7U

vid of last night...

usdm_anon

Mar 20, 2010
Madison, WI
170645523_eacbb1ad37.jpg

Street Drifting is naughty! :icon_razz

i hate the video title, its fanboy as fuck.

your car is pretty nice though, just to be lowered more, and remove those hood pins.

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
yeah i just picked up a set a starquest wheels!
what sizes are they? the 16x9 Rear, 16x8 Front
or the 16x8 rear, 16x7 front? just curious, thanks

Kyle

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
fronts are 16 x 7 and 16 x 8 in rear... i love the wheels. sunroof on targa thats how i bought the shell, i love it and tons of people dig it too lol, so im keepin it that way. wish i can lowered more but my exhaust wont let me, its almost hitting ground, i need the hood pins, one night my hood came up on me and crack windshield and my carbon fiber hood cracked =/. its a 1jz with 57 trim from driftmotion non tune, with 3 inch down and 4 inch back. big fat radiator, intercooler and magnaflow exhaust. thats it, i have adjustable coilovers.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
i cant tuck it in any further in... the exhaust has a weird curve by diffe. and turbo flutter? how does that happen?

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
well when you say starquest everyone knows what they are
because theres starions and conquests, i just picked up
a set with great tires for 200 bucks, im stoked!

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
ya starions wheels are the shit man! they look good on any car... oh btw my supra doesnt flutter at all, was driving it all night and no flutters. i was comperen vids on youtube to my sound. i still have my mk4 wheels too lol

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
wheels are sick. skinnier tires would help and look better too. plus theyre cheaper.

Im getting my supra ready for drift. i need to find something other than re01's to destroy though.

and need to get my power steering fixed and get an lsd or weld the rear end.

these cars are so big and heavy that drifting them feels pretty much like an old school hot rod.
nothing like drifting a super light corolla or 240.

also if you have a welder you should hang your exhaust higher.
I chopped my exhaust into like 6 pieces and ran it through the highest points that it could possibly to and now im super low and the exhaust is clear.
my stupid IC piping is hitting now. time for ffim to get finished.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
dang nice pics man! ya i wanna get into drifting so bad.... how is your suspension set up? ya those starion wheels are so sick lolz ever since i saw them on ignites soul's supra i fell in love with them.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
dang nice... i really like how low your supra is. ima work on my exhaust so i can drop it more. i just need a daily driver, my supra is what takes me to work.