genuine hks bov?

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
i search already but im not good at it so i cant really find anything. im looking at buying a first gen hks ssqv. i know how to tell the diff between the lastest gen bov real and fake but the very first one with the yellow hks logo is hard i guess. any clue on how to tell its real? any bolts or stamp on it to tell its legit and not fake ebay crap? thanks

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
I have one, think I bought it back in 2003 or '04. What you are calling yellow is actually a type of gold HKS lettering. If you want to go back to one of my old pic threads on here you can see it installed. It's been sitting in a box in the shed for a few years now. Was thinking of selling it but I would prefer to sell the entire IC kit w/ piping & the HKS BOV.

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
found this while trying to search..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-If you take it apart the real one has a black rubber diaphragm while the one in the fake unit is orange
-The diaphragm on the HKS also stays attached to the body, while the fake one doesn't
-Inside there's black rubber that says super sequential
-Inside cone is purple
-Older ones have adjustement screw
-Newer ones don't have screw
-Only 4 screws holding the cover, the other 4 are for looks

mine does say super sequential on the black rubber thing and the inside cone is purple. if fake ones are purple too then i dont know what to say..lol