***Genuine Factory Manuals***

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
Hello I have 3 genuine Toyota factory manuals that cover the 1988 U.S.A./Canada models. They cover it all.

The first one is over 3'' thick and is a repair manual that covers every aspect of the car.
-Engine
-Chassis
-Body
-Electrical
-Specifications
It has diagrams, torque specs, step by step, part numbers and much more. It is a supra geeks dream read.

The second is a repair manual for collision damage and repair. It shows you the tools needed for the job at hand. Lists all part numbers. Step by step on disassembly and assembly. It even shows you when and where to cut, braze, seal, spot weld and weld.

The third manual is comprised of complete vehicle wiring diagrams. Electrical/wiring has always been the point where I step away from the car and let other people handle it. This manual makes me feel a little bit better about electrical/wiring tasks/issues.

So is anyone has any questions/issues or needs a diagram or specific information just let me know and I will do my best to find it or get it for you. Plus you don't have to listen to any annoying hold music.

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
hvyman;1971565 said:
There is an online manual with parts catalog wiring diagrams repair manual and more.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/techtips.aspx

You can also buy the paper books at Toyota. There about 120$ for the repair manual.

I have seen the online manuals they are not as detailed as the manuals that I have and not as user friendly as far as I see it.
Just trying to help my fellow owners out for free. Thanks for the additional input however.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
They should be the same. It was all scanned from a 90 manual. There is also a 88 manual floating around as well iirc.

I have a 88 paper book as well. Everything I have in paper is in the 90 with the exception of the year differences. The wiring is slightly different as well.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I have the US 86.5 TSRM, its for the NA only. I have EWD books for 86.5 and 87, and the 87 hardtop collision book too. I found them on ebay and faxonautoliterature.com

I find the paper copies easy to use because I can have them sitting on the car in the garage where I dont have access to the internet on a computer.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
IchibanEye;1971583 said:
I have seen the online manuals they are not as detailed as the manuals that I have and not as user friendly as far as I see it.

No online site is as good as the paper manual. You should see the 89 and newer EWD. Much better than the 88 and older.

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
Chambers;1971625 said:
I find the paper copies easy to use because I can have them sitting on the car in the garage where I dont have access to the internet on a computer.

Exactly how I feel. Plus I can locate something topic specific in the book far quicker than online. Also power outages, connection speeds & viruses do not effect the books.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I like paper manuals also. I have one for my 87. There are also subtle differences between the years so not everything for my 87 is included in the online TSRM which is for a 90.

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
jetjock;1971815 said:
....and yet many owners are too cheap to spring for paper. I'll also point out the later year manuals have less information. For example rebuilding of the AC compressor is absent.

I have the AC compressor information in my literature.

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
Silver MK3;1971827 said:
I like paper manuals also. I have one for my 87. There are also subtle differences between the years so not everything for my 87 is included in the online TSRM which is for a 90.

Very true, that's why I like having the books.