Gay, My scion got hit...

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Someone backed into it last night while my dad was playing poker. They have insurance so its not a big deal, but if I make a claim will my rates go up? I just got my good drivers discount! :cry:

Anyways heres some pics:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

A

ArthurRitus

Ckanderson said:
Gay that it got hit, or gayer that you bought one?

x2

I dont think ud get ur rates changed, specially since u were not even in the car when it happened?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
JustAnotherVictim said:
It was the navy.

Negative. It was actually an off duty cop who backed into it.

Ckanderson said:
Gay that it got hit, or gayer that you bought one?

Both, but its still an excellent DD.

Sucks because I was planning to sell this car in a few months and now its gonna have a salvage title...I think.

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
Looks like you need a new front bumper cover and new front grille. I'm guessing about $800 for parts, maybe 1200 after refinish cost and labor. If your hood is messed up (doesnt look like it, just looks like it got de-latched) but that would be about $600 I think, not much more for refinish and labor costs as one can change a hood in 20 minutes, and its gonna have to be refinished eitherway to blend in the new bumper and grille.

No way its gonna get salvaged... that only happens if your car is totalled and then re-purchased.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
hey Bill saw you behind me yesterday... dude the damage doesn't look that bad. what the insurence say on it??