Gauging Interest In A Vented Headlight Cover GB

Interested In

• Total voters

SupraMkiii24

90T in the works
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, Tx.
This is simply gauging Interest so I can see if it would be worth it to contact Mod's about starting a GB. I recently recieved a set of headlight covers and I absolutely love them, I think they look great and the fitment it absolutely perfect. Anyways I was talking with a couple friends and they were asking me if i'd sell them my set, of course I declined. Anyways I'm not sure if there is even a market for these. I know Duance makes a set in CF but I'm not sure about FirberGlass, The set I have is in Fiberglass. I was curious because I would love to provide a product for the community. If there's a good interest I'll offer my setup to a shop to start replicating them. Either way I'm curious. Also what do you think would be a fair price? So if I do talk to a shop I can find out how many people I need to be able to offer the price most are looking at. I know Duane's CF one's come out to $260 + shipping. and his driver's side is not vented (no real benefit to having it vented I dont believe). The one's I would be offering are both vented and would include the driver's and passenger's side. I posted Duane's price to give a reference point to price, keep in mind his are Carbon Fiber these would be Fiber Glass, also his passenger side has no vent (just matches the stocker but in CF) mine would be vented on both sides.

Let me know, I would prefer to keep most comments, opinions, talk of this, in this thread. But you can PM me if you wish concerning the topic. I would like to keep it in the thread thou to keep an accurate idea on interest thou.

Thanks alot,
~Dan

SupraMkiii24

90T in the works
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, Tx.
I was actually looking at possibly making block off plate's too. I see someone selling them in the FS section here, But I don't like the whole "SUPRA R". I mean it looks alright but I'd much rather have it plain. I'm not much for CF either. I can't imagine making some outta sheet metal would cost very much from a machine shop. So I was thinking that might be a cheap alternative I could offer the community. I would honestly myself prefer over anything a sheetmetal IC block off plate power coated black to somethign of the sorts.

I was thinking a sheet metal IC block off plate made in bulk would fetch a cheap price and be a good contribution to the community also. I couldn't imagine those assuming there's anought interested being more than like $60 shipped. Anyways I'm just throwing out an idea, nothing serious as of yet, just trying to find ways to help out some of the community.

I've been trying to think of ideas, as I've always wanted to try and provide products for the MKIII crowd but the GB don't fetch much interest, maybe it'll be different this time. Liek I said if the interest is good enough I'll contact the mods and I'll go contact a few shops and get some price ranges. For either/or/both ideas

Last edited:

SupraMkiii24

90T in the works
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, Tx.
Here are some pics of the cover I currently have and would be replicating given enough interest. I also want to say agian I was amazed with the fit, These honestly no lie, fit like a glove.

Here's a top view:
ventedheadlightcovers001.jpg

A a bottom view:
ventedheadlightcovers002.jpg

Last edited:

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I think the market is there, but they are a hard sell, when they can be bought cheap off of Ebay. I got a set, just like above, for about $85 (after shipping). You can probably find 'em cheaper tho.

To me: Not enough profit/margin to set something up and have the associated headaches. Let the current vendors handle, etc. I think anything less than $100 for 'em is great, but can see them easily going for $50 a set.

SupraMkiii24

90T in the works
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, Tx.
yeah I understand, that the part i was juggling too. I wasn't aware that they were offered on Ebay also. Which kinda ruins the whole idea. Oh well.