gauging GB interest Brain Cower Crankshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
I just spoke with a BC rep at englishtown. I asked him about a one off crank. They will only make a crank if the production run is at least 5. So I wanted to see if anyone would want one.

The price he quoted for 5 cranks was 2,500 plus a 7mgte crank as a template. I realize this price is high but we don't have many options when it comes to cranks so I thought theere may be an interest.

Josh

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
what kind of benifits would it offer. from the numbers ive seen from the stock crank, i dont see any purpose for this. unless maybe hes going to do a whole stroker kit or something.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
there better be some BIG advantages considering what i've seen done on other crankshafts that are being made...

espeically if ther $2500 a piece. i understand theres a lot of time, but still.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i just dont really see the need for an aftermarket stock stroke crank. our cranks can withstand alot of power and abuse.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
DegreE;1051649 said:
LOL $2,500 for a OEM storke crankshaft LOL

a stroker crank shaft isnt practical... and whats the difference in making the two? NOTHING. just different specs of where to cut and mill.

and we have 'supra' in our name, so the price automatically goes up.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
It doesn't have to be a stroker it was an idea that is obviously not liked.

On that note, it will just be a uber strong crank. But that's obviously not enough to justify the steep price tag.

My early analysis of interst is zero. It was worth a shot. Thanks to anyone that posted consructive comments, but I'm gonna kill this now.

Cheers josh

Status
Not open for further replies.