Gauges holders?

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
Quick question my center console bezel where the radio and empty tray goes. The radio doesn't sit flush inside the bezel..I read somewhere on here that ppl use aftermarket gauges they use abs plastic? To mount gauges and other stuff in the center console bezel. Is this true or did I understand it wrong? I'm trying to keep radio in place along with that empty try and I'm using the ash try holder for my gauges also for now they are just shoved in there until I can find what's going got hold them in place.

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
I would think having the guages set so low would be impractical. I like everything where i can see it and the road readily. My greddy ebc is mounted under the guage hood in front of the fac. boost guage. Maybe if they were tilted up a bit...

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
Yeah. Plastic is a pain to work with and get to look good. Thin metal works great, easy to fasten and mount and is forgiving if it needs tweaking. Metal is also more paintable and vinyl sticks better around curves/bends.

Last edited:

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
If you enjoy updating older vehicles that have a lasting value like a supra do it right, take your time and look at a mod from all angles at least 20 times! Lol. Save all parts you remove in baggies and try not to modify factory parts to a point where they cant be reverted. Parts are harder to find every day and becoming costly$$$

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
I wired in an aftermarket push button ignition with a redundancy cut off from the ign wires because i cant find a replacement key due to this ones german import status and the one i have is in bad shape...
Love the car, hate the parts sourcing :p

shadowman1977

Jun 4, 2015
Kingston N.Y. 12401
Yeah, I didnt re wire it, just piggybacked off of the starter wires using factory relay. I added a hidden on/off switch on one of the lines. So the key ignition still works. I moved the power port and added usb's mounted in the center console change holder now.