gauge wiring help

cactus_mole

Jan 3, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
I just got some new gauges and just need to know were to hook up the power to the gauges. It says in the instructions to hook it up to the ACC in the ignition but theres like 5 or 6 wires back there and I dont want to go start cutting them.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO

cactus_mole

Jan 3, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
well there the prosport ones so i guess they say lit all the time. In the instructions they say to wire one wire to the ACC for one color and to the head lights so when your driving at night there a different color....:dunno:

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
What colors are the wires on the gauge, what does each do and which does each require (+ or -)?

cactus_mole

Jan 3, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
there's red (+, for it to light up red) white (+, to light up white), black (-), and then theres a orange one...its says "note" for this one in the instructions.

well the gauges work, (wired straight from them battery) my fault i didnt ground it. But they still wont work when I wire them up from the cig wire.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Is the fuse good? The line from the 20A Cig. fuse should come on at ACC. The Taillight line comes on with the parking lights and headlights.

cactus_mole

Jan 3, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
This is the cig wire right???
p605025_1.jpg

and this is the back of the ignition...which one should i cut, because the cig wire is not working.
p605025_2.jpg

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
When you tried wiring these up using the cigarette lighter's wire specifically where did you connects each wire? Be detailed, for example: Black (ground) from the gauge to the driver's side kick panel ground bolt, White (white illum) from the gauge to the Blue with red stripe cigarette lighter's wire, Red (night illum) from the gauge to the green taillight wire, orange ???.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
So, for the benefit of the next person who has trouble trying to install these, what was the problem?