Gauge cluster lighting and security light

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
Ok i finally got my LED bulbs and installed 2 of them too see if they worked, well the bulbs are good but when i plug one in for the coolant gauge it does not turn on is there something else inside that could be going bad? i do notice that 4 strips on the green paper like sheet is ripped and it leading right to the coolant gauge, could this be it? and my last problem is my security light does not blink at all, my system does work because i can hear it click over when i lock my car but my light does not blink when it is enabled. It's supposed to blink for about 30 seconds and the stay a solid red correct?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Test for 12v power where the bulb goes. That will tell you if the green strip is bad.

As for the security light try locking the doors with window down. Wait like a min or 2 and unlock from inside and see if the alarm goes off.

Also we're all the plugs plugged in?

My security light didn't work. Neither did the alarm. Took it out and installed a Clifford. On amazon there about 200$ and much better than the stock pos.

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
hvyman;1814697 said:
Test for 12v power where the bulb goes. That will tell you if the green strip is bad.

As for the security light try locking the doors with window down. Wait like a min or 2 and unlock from inside and see if the alarm goes off.

Also we're all the plugs plugged in?

My security light didn't work. Neither did the alarm. Took it out and installed a Clifford. On amazon there about 200$ and much better than the stock pos.

i most likely will get a new theft system just wanted to check first to see if i could fix the light, to test for 12v power would i lay the voltmeter on part of the green strip? since the bulbs just screw right onto part of the green strip i was confused on how the actually get any power haha