Gauge cluster issues

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Got my 90 running last weekend (bought the shell last year) and half my gauges don't work

it has aftermarket back plates(behind the needles) so I think whoever installed those messed them up.

.. My fuel Gauge and my temp gauge work my speedometer did work(till my buddy poked the needle not realizing there wasn't the clear plastic cover on it)

Is there a way to fix them? I am fairly certain that the cluster is the problem after watching how easy it was to screw up the speedometer

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Ok took cluster apart the po had hacked it all to pieces so i am using the 88 cluster....

Gauges still dont work but after diagnosing the cluster found i am not getting voltage to the c8 wire to the cluster...its blue with a orange stripe the tsrm says this wire comes from the IGN fuze .

I have not been able to locate this fuze

Anyone know where it might be?or do i have a broken wire?

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Thanks JJ dont know how i missed that ...both fuzes are good

Must have gotten my wires confused between pages... The service hints page says
C 8-ground 12v with ignition switch on.... When I give c8 power most of my cluster comes alive
Where does that go? Or rather come from

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
I have the ect2000 plugged into the "out" side of where the "gauge" fuze would go... And am checking for its signal with the power probe

I am showing short/grounded circuit there but the fuze is still good and I have 12v on the other side

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Ok so I have cycled all the plugs..
No change pulled fuze and checked both sides I have 12 v on one and continuity to ground on the other the c8 pin has nothing

The e3 plug I cannot find tho... There are only 2 blue plugs I can see and neither are 8 pin I have a 16 and a 13 pin

I am more playing around with the ect2000 today than actually using it... It came in the mail this morning I am good with the probe and meter tho
I appreciate your help and patience with me JJ thanks a bunch this is quite the ordeal... I didn't anticipate lying on my head under my dash all morning lol
:p

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
jetjock;1921228 said:
It's all right there in the book.

This week I am going to read through "the book" so I might actually be able to find these things on it... I looked everywhere I could think to look before I asked and was a few pages off