Gauge cluster issue

First off sorry to the moderators if this is in the wrong spot, wasn't sure where to put it because the electrical section was shut down. Anyway i was taking the ignition cylinder off to try to get easier access to the wires and one of the wires grounded out on the steering wheel column.

I have checked all fuses, engine bay and kick panels. after it happened i tested some things out and i just don't know where to start, but the headlights work, the gauge cluster lights up (illumination only), the door open light works, the car starts and runs (installed a starter button so it bypasses the ignition cylinder), hazards work. now that said, the radio doesn't work, the cig lighter doesn't work, none of the warning lights on the gauge cluster work, none of the gauges work (speedo might work, haven't tested it driving), the turn signals, the climate control, windshield wipers, washer jets, and clock all don't work.

so where do i start? its a 90 turbo so i haven't taken a hard look at cygnus because i know its for a pre 89. I can't see any immediate visual damage, oh and a big thing i noticed right away was when switching the key to the on position the chime didn't change, and obviously no lights on the dash came on. any and all help is appreciated. thank you.