Gauge cluster and headlight problems

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
So I finally got everything back together on my car after doing an engine swap (rodknocked 7mgte to rebuild 7mgte).
My driver side headlight is not working on low beams now, but it will on high beam. Fuse is good, wires near the connect seem to be fine, down the line, I'm not too sure. Possibly something with the plug? Or maybe somewhere farther down the wiring?

Now onto my gauge cluster...
I've had problems with it even before I did the swap.
Now, nothing is working,
I thought it was the gauge cluster I had in there, because it had some aftermarket afterglow shit in it, but I swapped a different stocker in tonight and didn't change anything.
What's going on is there is no lights when I turn on my headlights, dimmer switch is plugged in and have fiddled around with it, nothing. My door open, battery and abs lights all come on when they're supposed to. However, none of my other gauges are working, my oil pressure shouldn't be, and I don't think my water temp should either, but my boost, fuel and rpms should be. The RPMS on the new gauge however stay at 0 when it's on and idling pretty low (I think the timing is off right now, not responding too well when the throttle is pushed) but when I press in the throttle, it jitters up a little bit around 1k.
Anyone have any ideas?
All the plugs are connected to the back of the cluster, but is there a main plug that I might have forgot to plug back in when I had my dash and everything out? My ECU has all the plugs filled, and I don't see any other loose connectors in the glove box area...

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
reguarding the head light...you say you check wiring and such...this is stupid but did you check/replace the actual bulb?

reguarding guage cluster...did you check the guage cluster fuse?

i know those are dumb suggestions but sometimes you just kind of overlook little things when you do projects like that

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
IwantMKIII said:
reguarding the head light...you say you check wiring and such...this is stupid but did you check/replace the actual bulb?

reguarding guage cluster...did you check the guage cluster fuse?

i know those are dumb suggestions but sometimes you just kind of overlook little things when you do projects like that
Checked 3 different headlights.

Checked the fuse, swapped another one in, still nothing.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Ok, I'll bite. Any fan of Lamarossa deserves help ;)

Since both low beams are driven by the same fuse, switch, and wiring the headlight problem has to be either the plug or wiring. It can't be the combo switch, fuse, or integration relay. I'm trusting you the bulb is good...

As far as the gages are concerned I'm confused. Other than the tach are they not working or is the illumination for them not working? Same harness as before the swap? Same printed wiring number on the new cluster? What do you mean by "aftermarket glow shit"? Indiglo or some other type of EL? If so the guy who put them in probably dicked with the dimmer circuit or gage illumination feed.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
jetjock said:
Ok, I'll bite. Any fan of Lamarossa deserves help ;)

Since both low beams are driven by the same fuse, switch, and wiring the headlight problem has to be either the plug or wiring. It can't be the combo switch, fuse, or integration relay. I'm trusting you the bulb is good...

As far as the gages are concerned I'm confused. Other than the tach are they not working or is the illumination for them not working? Same harness as before the swap? Same printed wiring number on the new cluster? What do you mean by "aftermarket glow shit"? Indiglo or some other type of EL? If so the guy who put them in probably dicked with the dimmer circuit or gage illumination feed.
I'm still hoping that ROTY will come back so he can win...
;)

Bulb is good, tried each 3 of those headlights on the passenger side too, just to be sure they worked. I'll have to get a test light and check out the plug.

Gauges are not working, not lighting up or anything, tach barely works, and doesn't show acturately, just comes up to 2 grand when I floor it to probably around 5 grand. I'll have to check the printed number, I'm not sure about that. It's the aftermarket gauge faces that have the two color switch, you see em up on ebay and shit. I don't think he messed with the dimmer circuit, unless the circuit is somewhere else that near the switch? Is the illumination feed behind the cluster in the wiring?