Gas Pedal Adjusments

MrTristoe

Jun 29, 2010
California
Is it possible to adjust the height of your gas pedal? i have NO gas play what so ever and my gas pedal is lower then my brake pedal. has anyone ever adjusted the height befor or would you have to swap it out with different pedals.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
MrTristoe;1677927 said:
Is it possible to adjust the height of your gas pedal? i have NO gas play what so ever and my gas pedal is lower then my brake pedal. has anyone ever adjusted the height befor or would you have to swap it out with different pedals.

The gas pedal is SUPPOSE to be lower than the brake pedal?

MrTristoe

Jun 29, 2010
California
yeah i want it higher or level so i can heel toe. i have big feet and trying to do it is not working for me.. how would you adjust the brake pedal then?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
MrTristoe;1678068 said:
yeah i want it higher or level so i can heel toe. i have big feet and trying to do it is not working for me.. how would you adjust the brake pedal then?

My shoe size is 10.5 - 11, with size 13 being the most giant... LOL

& no need for block of wood even tho its a good idea :naughty:
just get pedal covers, they usually come with this very thick pad that goes between the oem pedal & the pedal cover.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I adjusted the brake pedal to bring it closer to the gas on mine a few years back. Did a writeup on AZsupracentral when I did it, but I'm pretty sure it got lost somewhere along the years...

I've read that it's not the smartest way of going about it, but I have yet to ever run into the floor with the brake pedal, even under really hard braking. Thing is you'll need to readjust your brake light switch while you're at it. ;)