Garrett T04E - Install Questions

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
I decided to go with a Garret T04E with my 7MGTE mk2 swap. The T04E I'm set on buying I'm just wondering what the best fit manifold would be. There's two I'm debating over one from treadstone and one from driftmotion. I think I'm going to go with the treadstone manifold. From reading other threads people say they're good quality and mock the old HKS manifold. I can't find any where to compare how each of these would fit in the engine bay though and how the wastegate would sit. I'm looking for suggestions or other manifold options.

> Driftmotion T4 Manifold - http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-mf-7mgte.php
> Treadstone T4 Manifold - http://www.treadstoneperformance.co...at_key=52&prodname=Supra+7MGTE+Turbo+Manifold

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The newer designed manifold from Driftmotion is made where you don't have to move your oilf filter. If the treadstone isn't like that, you're going to run in to a lot of problems relocating your oilfilter. Just something else to worry about.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
Yeah true enough, thanks for the godspeed link. The second one there looks a lot like the treadstone one. I think I'll order the treadstone and see how it fits. If it doesn't clear I'll have it modified a bit.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Hvyman,

Hows the reputation on that cast manifold? I didn't want to go T4 because a tubular manifold stands out to much to a reff/cop. Paint that sucker black with all the heat shields and it would be gravy!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
As far as i have heard the treadstone pieces seem to be pretty nice units.

Can also just heat coat the tubular manifolds in black ceramic heat coating. Thats what i am doing.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
So you would get the Treadstone over the Godspeed? I would rather jump straight to T4 or bolt-on CT instead of messing with the 57 trims and what not.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Treadstone is about 20$ cheaper and Ive seen a few people use them and seen a few for sale. Never seen anything bad about them.

personally if i was going that route id get teh treadstone.

Can also get like a extension piece to extended the wastegate down a bit and maybe even make a nice looking cover for it thats black. IF you do that and coat the pipes matte black or something with the stock black engine cover it would make it really hard to see.

Id also still get teh manifold coated black for heat and looks.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
Interesting, yeah getting the manifold coated would look pretty good. I did some research too and from what I could see the treadstone has a good reputation. It would be easy to relocate the wastegate down if needed.