funny idea

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
most of the time im on supramania is from my cell phone at work, supramania for a cellphone is pretty big and slow. for some reason everytime i log on i get this thought in my head " supramania mobile" now im not %100 serious but it would be pretty cool to browse on my phone faster

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
Everyone pretty much missed the topic.... It was about supramania mobile like as an app or a wap webpage especially designed lightly for mobile phone veiwing you know like supramaniamobile.wap.com

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
c95e6f61-fcd9-4cbc-ae5e-49d270ed2c85.jpg

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I have always disliked the Mac scene, but I have to tell you, my iPhone complaints are very few and far between. Mine isn't jailbroken or really messed with. I have a couple free apps, I've modified the background, sounds, and threw some MP3s on it. I haven't even messed with encoding video to watch. Overall, it fits the bill, and well. My only complaints:
#1: Text and e-mail can't be done natively in "landscape" mode.
#2: YouTube streams work well, but no other streaming is "native". Doesn't look like you can use plug-ins for the mobile Safari browser, either.

On making a mobile SM:
To tell you the truth, I've always thought that SM, was perfect - aside from the flashchat it is kept pretty minimal, but somehow retains all of the features you could want in a board of this kind. By making it a mobile site, are you REALLY making much of a difference in speed or bandwidth?
I know you want a SupraMania mobile that loads faster, with scaled down graphics and everything, but you have to admit that most "mobile" websites really suck ass.
Try Pizzahut.com mobile.
Ebay.
Amazon.
MySpace.

Rather than handy, they are all gimped. My advice to you: buy a better phone, browse at home, or be more patient with your current phone.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
eBay is murder on my phone. I want copy and paste feature. I like sm setup. I just wish my phone could use flash.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
sparkplug619;1319104 said:
most of the time im on supramania is from my cell phone at work, supramania for a cellphone is pretty big and slow. for some reason everytime i log on i get this thought in my head " supramania mobile" now im not %100 serious but it would be pretty cool to browse on my phone faster

Wrong section for this thread. Moved to Website Questions, Suggestions, Problems & Feature Announcements...

sparkplug619;1319187 said:
Everyone pretty much missed the topic.... It was about supramania mobile like as an app or a wap webpage especially designed lightly for mobile phone veiwing you know like supramaniamobile.wap.com

Who's going to design and maintain it? What you're asking for would take hundreds of hours of development work just to make it work. Also we'd have an entirely different "fork" of the site that would require a ton of additional ongoing maintenance for a staff that doesn't get paid to do this.

It's not likely that it will happen.

In reality, we cater to the bulk of our users. When checking against our stats, 99.9999% of our users use a PC.

Try accessing the site via this:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/archive/index.php?pda=1

It's the built in archive for SM. It's plain text and will hopefully help a little.

It's a great idea, but unfortunately finding the manpower to make it happen is nearly impossible.

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
Supracentral;1319422 said:
Wrong section for this thread. Moved to Website Questions, Suggestions, Problems & Feature Announcements...

Who's going to design and maintain it? What you're asking for would take hundreds of hours of development work just to make it work. Also we'd have an entirely different "fork" of the site that would require a ton of additional ongoing maintenance for a staff that doesn't get paid to do this.

It's not likely that it will happen.

In reality, we cater to the bulk of our users. When checking against our stats, 99.9999% of our users use a PC.

Try accessing the site via this:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/archive/index.php?pda=1

It's the built in archive for SM. It's plain text and will hopefully help a little.

It's a great idea, but unfortunately finding the manpower to make it happen is nearly impossible.

I am NOT asking for anything... it wasnt a suggestion, i dont care who designs and maintains it because it was like a joke... please just close the thread this whole forum shit has been making me sick lately... everybody has to be such an asshole and a stuck up prick about everything.. write me up, kick me off do whatever you want, your the boss, just remember your all a bunch of fuckin pricks with sticks up your asses.

(offtopic)
supracentral, your whole team of moderators are like fucking robots and make this site hell for some people who arent as quick learners as the "elders" and "more experienced" supra owners.

I heard when supracentral first opened it was the shit, i wish i could've been there because now its just a bunch of fucking rules and regs, everybody here has to walk in a straight line or everyone chews them up for it. I've had a hard time fitting in here and its got to a point where i dont really care what happens to my account.. before anyone replies please try to understand where im coming from before you start sending me all your B.S. cuz i know its coming

Last edited:

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
Exactly how your offended by anything to do with this thread is completely beyond me. No one is remotely being a prick to you. This thread was not exactly written in the form of a joke it was a suggestion. If it wasn't, then I ask, why did you waste your time writing it?

It was a suggestion, a pretty good one and you got an explaination as to why it won't fly. WTF is the big deal?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I didn't yell at you.

I didn't issue an infraction against you.

I didn't state that you violated any rules, nor did I provide links to rules for you to review.

What I did do was state that your idea was a good one, but I just couldn't come up with the manpower to make it a reality.

I even offered an alternative to help you with your issue.

For some reason, this causes you to inform us that we're all "a bunch of fuckin pricks with sticks up your asses". You go on to tell us that the staff here sucks and that we should ban you because you don't' care.

I checked your history, you've gotten one infraction since you've been here, and that was late last year...

You proceed to whine about how there there are too many rules and you're having a really hard time fitting in.

Sorry you're such a special little snowflake...

If you don't like it here, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Get the sand out of your vagina little girl, I'm not going to tolerate your bullshit.

severe.jpg

Last edited: