full flow oil cooler conversion question

vCo2v

Jun 10, 2011
Tacoma
My oil cooler lines are leaking on my 7mgte. So I figure its time to convert the stock oil cooler pressure relief valve with the 7mge n/a filter stud to remote thermostat.

My question is that when I look at the tsrm for the oil line #2 it looks like it connects to the block, but from the diagram on the full flow single circuit it looks like it doesn't connect to it.

What bolt/thing do I use to block off the line that goes to the block? LU_015.gifOil Cooler Diag.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
oil%20filter%20stud.JPG

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It has been so long, I couldn't remember. And then I though the picture is wrong, which would not be the first mistake in the repair manual. I have a metric bolt in the pan.

gats

Rebuilding... Slowly!
Mar 3, 2009
Sydney, NSW
The banjo bolt for the oil line #2 returns to the sump, not the block.
So just need to blank the hole in the sump with a bolt. Can't remember thread size, sorry.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
yeah just a bolt and some silicone to seal off the old return works fine. i think its a m10x1.25 but not positive. the adpator that you thread onto the n/a oil stud has a inlet and outlet port. then your filter bracket will have inlet and outlet port. its been a while but i got all my stuff off summit racing im pretty sure.