Fuel upgrades - Time estimates for install of WB, 550's, resistor... TX2K12 related

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Can ya'll please help me with some time estimates??

Was going to wait, but thinking I may still try to do the rest of my fuel system. Worried that I don't have enough time before the TX2K12 meet... Seems like I need to finish it, if I get started. I searched and will take much more time to sort through the individual threads, than to do the actual work ;-)

I have the USDM injectors & rail, Acura/Honda resistor pack w/connector & pigtail, 2JZ GE head set (may have new injector grommets), and an Innovate WB kit (gauge, sensor, etc). Walboro been installed for a few years.

I may have to pull the intake back, since I also somehow disconnected the rear knock sensor. Fing thick forearms :-/, tho will have Satan's get on top and try ;-), I could drop the USDM rail/injectors in while I have the intake pulled back.

Please break up the time estimates. I may not have all the time at once, but may be able to spread it over the next few days. My initial estimate...

1. Pulling intake back - 4omin?
2. Installing USDM 550s injectors & rail - 20 min with intake pulled back already
2. Soldering in the Acura/Honda resistor pack w/connector & pigtail (I know exactly where I will cut/solder the injector wires) - 20 min
3. Install/calibrate Innovate WB kit - I can temporarily leave gauge unmounted (connected, lying in the glovebox) - 1 hour??

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
THANKS!

Yeah, the downpipe has the bung already. I think the estimates are a bit aggressive, so trying to plan/think ahead, so that I don't mess things up. Won't have time to undo much and still planning to leave with our TX2K12 caravan Wednesday. This is one of them thing you have to finish, if you start.

INTIMAZY

Just discovered boost OMG
Nov 8, 2011
NY
Satan;1814708 said:
1. Pulling intake back - 4omin?
2. Installing USDM 550s injectors & rail - 20 min with intake pulled back already
2. Soldering in the Acura/Honda resistor pack w/connector & pigtail (I know exactly where I will cut/solder the injector wires) - 20 min
3. Install/calibrate Innovate WB kit - I can temporarily leave gauge unmounted (connected, lying in the glovebox) - 1 hour??

I would say those are about right. If it's your first time pulling the manifold, I would give a few hours leeway. It's not as easy and simple as it looks just because of the random vacuum, coolant and electrical lines that need to be moved around.