Fuel tank?

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
Okay droping my tank today to change the bad fuel pump which's causing my car to bog when around 4.5-5 rpm opened the two tank belts and the tank seem to be stuck in it's position after a while of dust eating\under car looking I noticed that I have to disconnect the hose to the tank filler cap umm..I looked around and didn't see anywhere to disconnect it .. I'm in the middle of the thing the tank belts is still opened and the tank is down anyone know how to open that hose or is there a good write-up about tank dropping?

Wh1te89supra

Mar 24, 2006
Kansas
You'll see three fuel lines running to the tank. The send,return, and vent I think-Correct me if I'm wrong. The hard line, has a bolt on there that's pretty hard to get off. So I suggest some PB Blaster and a line wrench. That would do the job. Then disconnect the 2 soft lines. Maybe before you do all this you want to pop your gas tank door open, and take out the cover in there. 4 phillips screws. Take the cover out and that's done. Then pop your hatch, lift up the board, and there is a cover w/ 4 or 5 screws in there holding it in. Undo that I undo the 2 wires. That's what is holding your tank up I think. Well I helped the best I could. I'm sure there is a sticky around here for dropping the tank. Search button is your friend. Good day.

-Steve

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
Thanks for the respond.

In the hatch there's a cover with 3 screws in it when I opened it I saw the wire to the fuel tank gauge and when the tank is half down you can see the wires to the fuel pump but can't reach them.

I did a search but no results i'll keep searching thanks for the replay.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
try pushing the tank back up into place and reaching the wires from there. sorry i cant help more

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
I pulled the plugs off the fuel pump before dropping the tank, but you should be able to reach them with the tank down right? Hose to the tank filler cap? The whole filler neck to the tank you mean? Once its loose from its spot in the gas filler door it should drop down. It comes right out.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
You mentioned a hose to the filler...did you completely remove the filler neck? If not...take the cap off and remove the retainer in the fill door...it's strong enough to take the weight of an empty tank.