Fuel tank from the inside?

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Im planning to install an a1000 fuel pump using my stock fuel tank, and I want to know what does the inside of the tank look like so i know where to cut it up from the bottom. Im hoping to find a place in the back and pull the fuel line to the front where the pump is going to be.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
lol did you unscrew the pump housing from the tank and look in the big hole? I could see damn near everything with a flashlight in mine.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
7M4EVR;1979683 said:
lol did you unscrew the pump housing from the tank and look in the big hole? I could see damn near everything with a flashlight in mine.

DUH, you know that there are plates in the tank, right?

I guess that im going to buy another fuel tank and try on it first to see what it looks like and to see the best shop to weld it.

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Once you pull the pump and the sending unit you should have a fair view into the tank, maybe enough to judge what needs to go where.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
mjsn1;1979796 said:
DUH, you know that there are plates in the tank, right?

I guess that im going to buy another fuel tank and try on it first to see what it looks like and to see the best shop to weld it.

They are baffles by the way, you can also use a camera phone or a mirror/flashlight if you can't see in there.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Could also use a surge tank. Use a smaller pump to keep the surge tank filled and the bigger pump to supply the fuel to the engine.