Fuel System Upgrades?

Spade

7M or DIE Trying
Nov 26, 2007
Asheville
I am wanting to upgrade my 1988 7mgte mk3's fuel system. I was wondering how everyting from the tank to the fuel rail needs to go? I would appriciate some sugestions on line sizing and fuel rails. How is a duel feed fuel rail need to be set up? When is the best time to upgrade to duell fuel pumps? Pics and part sources would be great, venders or not on parts any suggestions whould be appricaited, im open to anything. Teach me something!:1zhelp:

nosman4

Nov 10, 2007
Bend, Oregon
What are your power goals for the immediate future? This info will help us inform you on what you need in order to get enough fuel to your motor.

Spade

7M or DIE Trying
Nov 26, 2007
Asheville
nosman4;1182856 said:
What are your power goals for the immediate future? This info will help us inform you on what you need in order to get enough fuel to your motor.

I would like around 500hp. I am doing a 7mgte swap out of a 89 supra in my 88 chassis. This is my first turbo car and wanted help so i do not go blowing money on the wrong things.

Mark2

Jul 14, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Well, the first ones that come to mind would be the Walbro 255 lph fuel pump which would run you somewhere in the neighborhood of $110. I would also recommend getting an APFR, can't remember the cost but I believe it would be somewhere in the area of $150 for an Aeromotive AFPR. I would also change your fuel filter just as regular maintenance. Lastly 550 injectors paired with a lexus AFM would give you good results.

For 500hp I don't believe that you would require dual fuel pumps.

Sorry, I don't know much about fuel rail upgrades.

Spade

7M or DIE Trying
Nov 26, 2007
Asheville
Mark2;1184173 said:
Well, the first ones that come to mind would be the Walbro 255 lph fuel pump which would run you somewhere in the neighborhood of $110. I would also recommend getting an APFR, can't remember the cost but I believe it would be somewhere in the area of $150 for an Aeromotive AFPR. I would also change your fuel filter just as regular maintenance. Lastly 550 injectors paired with a lexus AFM would give you good results.

For 500hp I don't believe that you would require dual fuel pumps.

Sorry, I don't know much about fuel rail upgrades.

Thanks for all the info!

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
say someone wanted to go with the Denso pump from the mk4 TT. Is there any differences installing a walbro to the denso? If the stock pump goes and you want to replace it, does putting a the denso pump change the fuel delivery ( to more fuel being delivered) when compared to the stock pump? I know the MK4 TT pump is capable of flowing a lot more fuel but would like to know the proper way to implement the MK4 pump into the system (using stock AFM and injectors) as i have heard the Denso pump in the MK4 is much more reliable than a walbro. stock reliability FTW!

Suprafast0422

Nov 14, 2006
Maryland
Ugrading to a dual walbro setup and new lines along with the afpr kit casue any problems on a stock ecu? Or does the adjustable regulator allow you to keep everything in check to where it needs to be?