fuel setup question?

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
I came into and aeromotive 13301 afpr a while back and everyone advertises it as needing 100 to 250 a gallon per hour fuel pump. I have a walbro 255 lph fuel pump and that comes out to about 60 gallons per hour that's nowhere near the 100 that I would need. When I was looking at Walbro 400 lph fuel pump it was suggested that's it only be used for high horsepower cars making over 500 horsepower potentially causing damage if it was not making that much power. My setup won't even touch 500 horsepower, so I want to know the engineering behind this, why should be worrying about these issues and whether or not I should be just eat the price of my FPR and buy a new one or if I should upgrade my fuel pump. I searched this already and only found why I should buy a 13309 cause there are prefabed kits available. Thanks in advance for any insight. I tend to be preemptive and try to over build stuff to save cost in the long run, I eventually want to get past that 500whp mark if that influences any if your advice.