Fuel Return/Throttle Cable Questions.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
How do I hook up the Fuel return line from the fuel rail to the tank. I have a soft line coming from the rail and another softline from the fuel line forward. Is there an intermediate hardline that I am missing to connect the two or is there another way to hook it up?

Also, my throttle cable seems WAY too short. I ordered the throttle cable from Champion Toyota. I would hope that they sent me the right one, concidering thier experience supplying parts for 1JZ swaps. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Any pointers? I DID move the bracket one bolt back, but it just seems like the cable itself doesn't quite stretch far enough to connect to the throttle.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
My fuel lines hooked up to the 7m lines. The return is just a hard line hanging from the body. The Feed line comes from a T-bolt near the engine mount to a hard line by the plastic shield that your clutch line goes down to.

I have never gotten a cable from them so I can't help you there. I would just double check you have it installed properly to the pedal.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
The MKIV cable is a tad short on the SC body, i hear it is on the MK3 also....

If i'm not mistaken but the corolla throttle cable from the 90's is 1in longer then the MKIV TT cable, exactly what we need.

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
Ric said:
The MKIV cable is a tad short on the SC body, i hear it is on the MK3 also....

If i'm not mistaken but the corolla throttle cable from the 90's is 1in longer then the MKIV TT cable, exactly what we need.

I believe the throttle cable is from a camry 92-96 4cyl.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Corolla and camry cables from that generation both work, the corolla cable is slightly shorter.

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
Feed runs from the underbody hardline to the pulse dampener which is mounted on the left motor mount. From there it is a sort of flexible hardline (it can twist) with a banjo to the rail at back of the block.

The return line is at the front of the block, where the fpr is.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Troyota said:
ok...if the return line is the one w/ the banjo fitting, then I am talking about the supply line...

You were right in the first place, the return line is the soft line, the supply line is the one with the banjo fitting.

There should be a hardline which runs below the intake manifold and above the oil filter and terminates about 3/4 the way back along the engine. It runs horizontally. The soft line from the tank connects to the end of this and the other end should be connected to the fpr.