Fuel Regulator Jammed

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
This is the last time i buy a replica Regulator or a replica part of any kind no matter how close it is to the real thing:: angry ::.

let me tell you what happened:
I stopped at a single when a civic stopped by me, he started giving me this look, the ricer look, so we raced, my car barely passed him when it should have eaten him up. As i was going home the car stopped working so i tried to started again but even the starter motor couldn't turn, so after a few tries i started smelling gas, so i opened the hood and i saw gas pouring from the turbos, filters, exhaust, and near the gas tank, even the engine oil was colorless and smelled like gas. so i took the spark plugs out and returned them after a few days to let all the gas out but nothing happened, all of the injectors are broken.

So now my car is at sleep mode again and i dont know for how long until it is active again.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Which FPR did you get. How big are your injectors? How much fuel pressure are you running at idle with vac source unplugged? Do you have a wideband to monitor AFR's?

Assuming you mean aeromotive being the "real thing" I suggest you google failure with their regulators. You'll be suprised that those units fail too.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Suprapowaz!(2);1891255 said:
Which FPR did you get. How big are your injectors? How much fuel pressure are you running at idle with vac source unplugged? Do you have a wideband to monitor AFR's?

Assuming you mean aeromotive being the "real thing" I suggest you google failure with their regulators. You'll be suprised that those units fail too.

I was running about 35 psi and the vac was plugged on, 440cc injectors, and no i do not have a wideband.

Also i did not know that aeromotive FPR's fail, because i had a sard FPR before and it was on 45 psi and it lasted more then the replica by years, but i gave it to a friend "bad move".

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sorry to hear of your troubles. In general, there are a few things you just don't want to cheap out on with turbo engines:
-Fuel delivery. Because stuff melts when fuel delivery goes bad.
-Wastegate. Because while a LOT of boost is a LOT of fun, it generally isn't going to be accounted for on the average tune.
-BOV. Because if this fails to open, you're going to damage that turbo, for what that is worth to you.