Fuel Pump Related?

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Alright guys, I got one for ya! Not until recently has my car begun to act up, and by that, it's been having issues when starting up. I've had to give it about 2-3 cranks before it kicks over and runs fine. However, my problem seems to have gotten worse, because now, it wont even start! The problem isn't persistent, and has been on and off, so I really didn't think much of it.

But now, it cranks, but wont fire over. I believe it's a fuel delivery issue, probably the fuel pump, because I doubt it's ever been replaced. That, and I smell no fuel whatsoever. It makes weird cracking sounds kinda like pops, it's hard to explain, but on a few occasion It did kick over but died immediately.

When it did run I noticed nothing. It did however stall out at a light the other day, and started right back up with an almost sporadic idle but nothing too extreme. I tried to pull some codes but it gave me none. So, I'm asking for opinions. If you guys could give me some ideas that would be, nice because I'm just going to replace the fuel pump and hopefully solve it. Peace out.

-Joe

89Joe

Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Yea, it's not fuel pump related. The starter was just skipping some teeth, sooo case closed, It runs. I appreciate the input. Thanks!

-Joe

89Joe

Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Heh, well... the case has been opened again. The car just stalled out in the middle of the street, and I couldn't start it back up. It'll kick over, but just wont fire up. Seems like it's not getting fuel, but I dunno. I noticed it was running like crap earlier, and almost stalled on me, but now it's officially dead. It doesn't seem like the starter because I just replaced that thing, and I have no codes so I'm a bit lost here. Could I have bad injectors? What can I do to test em? Anything else I can look into? I'm sure I got spark.

-Joe

89Joe

Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Started this morning, what could it be?

edit: Is it possible for the alarm system ground to stall the car? I know it would prevent it from starting, but It does start so I dunno. I will definitely check it out tomorrow. Is it possible that the issue might be heat related? I didn't notice any changes in temperature on the gauge, but could it stall because of something along those lines?

-Joe

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Sounds like an intermitent electrical problem. Maybe a short, or a loose connection. Maybe a ground problem; seems I saw a similar post and it was the ground for the efi at the ecm. One of the electrical guru's here would be more helpful....

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
This could be anything so far. Very minimal information given and seems like even less diagnosis so far. Based on the information given I would say, remove radiator cap. Push said car out from under it. Push another car under radiator cap. Instal radiator cap. Problem should be fixed.