Fuel Pump? No power to it? Unsure, details listed:

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Alright I just put the 1jz into the another supra because the guy I did it for got rear ended, check other thread. Anyhow I am almost done and I wanted to start the motor but no fuel.

I pulled both gas liens going to the motor, no gas flows out.

I took the inspection cover off in the rear and there was a connector that has ( 2 ) Pins does that go to the fuel pump itself? I check for power with the key in the on position, no 12v to it, BUT when i hooked up a 12"Vs battery to the other side that comes from the car the relay in the engine bay was whining and makign noise, why am I not getting power to the the fuel pump, hum.. the Level sensor circuit had two wires with 12V's and one with 6.89V's.

Should there be power to the plug with ( 2 ) pins and when should arrive when the key is turned. I am not sure what to think yet, I don't want to pull the tank. I also tired putting 12V's through the 2 pin connector with failing results. I do hope that is the pump's main power.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
:) being a smart ass huh? Oh I understand the wiring to it I am just curious to if the pump is bad. I have never replace a F/P in these cars.

Oh and I have helped plenty of people with wiring sir ^^

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
92TealSupra;1562886 said:
? I check for power with the key in the on position, no 12v to it,.

this is normal, the 7m comp does not signal the relay until cranking.

92TealSupra;1562886 said:
BUT when i hooked up a 12"Vs battery to the other side that comes from the car the relay in the engine bay was whining and makign noise

not sure what your trying to test here
does the pump run when you give it power and ground?
also Dr. Tweak brought it to my attention that my soarer ecu does not signal the fuel pump relay the way the 7m comp does. but how could you have done so many swaps and not know this?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
mkiiichip;1563101 said:
this is normal, the 7m comp does not signal the relay until cranking.

not sure what your trying to test here
does the pump run when you give it power and ground?
also Dr. Tweak brought it to my attention that my soarer ecu does not signal the fuel pump relay the way the 7m comp does. but how could you have done so many swaps and not know this?

I hooked up 12V power and ground to the two pin FP connector no luck. The ECU does not run the fuel pump on the MKIII USA i don't think.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
If this still has the diagnostic box on the car, then just jump Fp and B+. Turn the key to just before start. You should hear the pump whining away. I had to do this also when I did my pump swap up to a 255. I had no pressure until I cracked a certain line in the back and then out of nowhere there was a ton a fuel coming out.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Thing is I have no wiring issues. I had the wiring done no a '88 Turbo supra about a month ago, he got rear ended so I swapped this motor + wiring into the car of another '88 turbo supra this time auto, but had to change no wires. I will check the Diag Box, though it is a 1jz.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I didn't know if the 1J had a diag box or not. If not then sorry for the wasted space. If it does, well then there ya go...something to play with.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Alright, well the analysis was correct, the fuel pump was bad. It did not work, well I hurt one click but, then the wires would over heat.. so no good.