Fuel pump help plz

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
If it's not one thing it's another.

2jzgeT with 7M ELECTRONICS.

Today the car wouldn't start, figured out the signal wire on the starter was no good. Put new wire on the starter, and jumped to the IGN switch. Cranks great now.

So no start, the car ran yesterday! There's no fuel pressure, I checked the wiring on the fuel pump resistor/relay (I jumped it for constant 12V), it checks out ok.

I went ahead and just plugged in the fuel pump relay, and still nothing.

Still no fuel pressure, I jump FP and B+ and bingo power! I went ahead and started it up, and she runs like how she normally does.

I checked all the fuses, and they all checked out okay. The main relay kicks, and the ecu has power (verified by starting the car with FP and B+ jumped, and check engine light illuminates when the key is on).
I'm pissed off cause my new VVTi coils came in, but I won't put them on until I know the car runs right.

Anyway can someone tell me on the fuel pump resistor/relay connector (yellow or gray circle that has four pins in it, two up and down, and two horizontal pins), which one has power? Because neither one of them do when I put the test light up to it, and I really don't feel like dropping the tank again to do the 12v rewire.

And even if I dropped the tank, I'll have to use a different source cause apparently my fuel pump signal wire is no good.

ARRGH

EDIT: After a bit of searching FP on the diag block has no power. It's supposed to have power for a split second, then shut off. FP is not showing power at all.

Ok I need the pinout for the entire connector. I have yellow (goes to ECU) blue/black, and two other wires. When I jump the blue/black the pump kicks over. Yellow doesn't seem to have anything.

Last edited:

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
Ok guys, after jumping the blue and black wire (going to the circuit opening relay) it seems that is the issue I was having. Where is the location of this relay?

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
Yeah that's what I did, just to the IGN switch. How long has it been wired like that?

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
how have u guys wired the fuel pump to the turbo timer? i am having these same issues
jump the diag block and i have fuel pressure but pull the jumper and i have no pressure
is there a way to wire around the c.o.r. and relay resisotr and wire the pump to the turbo timer

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
maybe this can help determine which plug gets 12 volt .
It should be the Black/yellow wire on the plug ( harness side ) . Then it supplies 12 volts to the black/red wire on the fuel pump relay side/connector.

This is how I am running on my car , but I have a 2jz setup using aristo harness. Yours should run like stock if you are using the 7m harness. Pictures are presented to give you a better idea.

<<<<<NOTE>>>>>CAUTION>>>>>>

THIS IS FOR A @ 2JZ SETUP

p1263620_1.jpg

p1263620_2.jpg

p1263620_3.jpg