fuel pulsation?

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
hey all. i just installed an afpr, and i feel A LOT of pulsation in the braided line. the question is...... has anyone had the stock pulsation dampener go bad?
or is this normal with the afpr installed?
thanks all

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
The Aeromotive kit from driftmotion connects to the front of the fuel rail where the stock dampener goes. That's the kit I have, it came with all the hoses and fitting's and requires removal of the dampener.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i have the driftmotion afpr kit. the dampener hose kit is separate. there's a lot of discussion about whether or not to remove the stock unit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
V6 Camrys and Avalons are not allowed to have any shake and vibration in the engine. They use it also. It is very subtle, but the owners notice those little things.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Aeromotive FPRs have "enough" dampening ability in the membrane already that you can do without an oem dampener. Lots of high power builds run just an AFPR and no seperate dampeners. There are aftermarket standalone dampeners out there but they are generally targeting returnless systems where there is no FPR to serve that purpose.

I don't think it is normal for there to be A LOT of vibration in the braided line, but I'm not sure how much a lot is. Perhaps your oem dampener has gone bad. That said, feeling for vibration in the braided line is not a great way to determine whether pulses in the fuel line are properly dampened.

Last edited: