Fuel problem?

AlexMK386

Sep 20, 2008
Denver, Colorado
The only after market part I have her is that Auto Meter gauge. When I was looking to get a Supra I wanted a stock one,so that as I build it I could learn about it every step of the way. The GSX was just no fun for me... "Hence", Enter the Supra,like it's some sort of great learning novel or Bruce Lee movie... DON...DON...DOOONNN.

JK,I just like the MK3 Supra for there body. The performance is just a bonus.

But yeah, I just want to get her running right before I try to after market and technical on her...

88boosted1

Oct 14, 2010
I'm starting to suspect a mechanical problem (vacuum leak) since ur not popping any codes... try bypassing ur egr & see if that changes anything. My egr was sticking b4 and made the car run like shit. Just guessing although... good luck

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
a6cd8d13-f27f-bf0a.jpg

You can always get tattooed:)
Triplecrowntattoostudio.com

mk3_supra

Jun 14, 2006
vancouver
AlexMK386;1689521 said:
Driving with the problem...[video=youtube;o5-LbuYu09U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5-LbuYu09U[/video]

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

That fluttering is not the wind, it is the supra....

Wow I drove my car today and I was getting the exact same "fluttering" noise.

AlexMK386

Sep 20, 2008
Denver, Colorado
mk3_supra;1691602 said:
Wow I drove my car today and I was getting the exact same "fluttering" noise.

Have you done a boost leak test yet?

If you have access to a air compressor,isolate the intercooler piping from engine... i.e. :
1. Disconect the 3000 pipe from the throttle body and plug the pipe. (try using a cup, and clamp it down air tight)
2. Disconect the AFM and plug it up with a cup as well. (air tight,they will shoot out like a bullet if not on tight.)
3. Disconect the BPV/BOV,if its a recirculation.
4. Using the BPV's/BOV's intake port connect a hose from it to your air compressor. (use clamps when connecting them...)
5. Now, because everyone may not have the same set up that you do. Look through the Intercooler piping and check for anything that may be still connected to the engine. Remember your try to put compressed air into just the intercooler piping only. Think about it like you have all the piping and the intercooler out of the car on the floor and assembled...
6. Now depending on how much PSI your air compressor does, being careful not put too much air through the piping all at once, just pump it in at a time and listen for leaks.

This is how I found my leak in my piping, and now all I have to do fix the knock sensor problem. But at least it drive's without "fluttering"...

turbotom

supra_7mgte
Nov 1, 2005
Indiana
Depending on your set up, ie standard AFM and standard recirculating blow off or bypass valve, if you have a compressor bypass valve fail when you go into boost you will get wrong air fuel ratio. So it will run normally below boost, then have problems because air fuel ratio is wrong since the bypass valve is leaking back to the compressor