fuel line replacement

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Hi Everyone

Does anyone know the part numbers for the fuel lines for 1987 MK3 ?

Doubt if still available from Toyota.

OR A SHOP that has the proper benders to bend the 5/16 lines .
> have 2 + brake done but the last one, vapor line , from the tank ,
has many bends / angles .. Always crimp. Tried 3 different hand bends > same result
at very sharp bend.

LAST OPTION > MAY USE A BRAIDED STAINLESS STEEL

ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Doug McDonald

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
#04;1820474 said:
Does anyone know the part numbers for the fuel lines for 1987 MK3 ?

Sure, look at the bottom of this page its all there.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291210/body.aspx

Also bookmark this page, so you dont have to ask for part numbers.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/

Doubt if still available from Toyota.

Now that you have the part numbers, a simple phone call will will answer that question. I bet its still available, but you might be right.

NOTE toyota part numbers always look like xxxxx-xxxxx, so if your seeing a 5 or 6 digit nimber, click on it and get the actual part number.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Hi Chip

Thank you for the site - found # we are looking for

Checking today to see if available

Doug

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
They do make line that's easier to bend than the steel or stainless steel line, I use it for fuel and brake lines all the time. I do use a bending tool, but it's a $10 cheapo one from the hardware store. It's copper/nickel alloy line, sold under a few different names (Cupro Nickel, Cunifer). It is as easy to bend as copper line, but it won't get brittle and crack after a few years of use like copper will. It's lifespan is about 20 years even in salty areas. It's the same stuff that Volvo and some other cars use OEM, so it's completely safe to use.

Another thing you might not have considered is using the black plastic fuel line (like ford and GM use). It's very easy to install and is safe for long lengths (rubber hose is not). You can get this stuff and the fittings at any good auto parts store.