Fuel Line Pulsating No idea why

8T7supra

Jan 6, 2007
New York
My car has been sitting for a couple of weeks the last time it was ran it was fine but when I when to start it the other day I noticed a pulsing sound. I found that it was coming from the fuel line (feed line) and I could feel the line pulsating. It only happens when it is running when I put the key in the on position the pump runs and there is no pulsing. I have checked to see if the cold start injector was firing of I had a pinched fuel line and nothing. Here is where it get weird me dad and took a long shot and drained the gas thinking that it could be bad gas. We unhooked the return line and let it drain as we drained it the gas was kind of foamy and I noticed what looked like water vapor coming out of the line. As the tank went empty the pulsing slowly faded away. We put new gas in and ran it and for a minute the car ran find but then the pulsing slowly came back. I am think it could be a bad fuel dampener because the pump sound like it is running smooth. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this.

Thanks

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Never heard of this problem.
On a long shot, take the cap off th fuel pulsation dampner, and make sure that the screw didn't back itself out.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I would put it back in, since it's job is to reduce pulsation.
But it does sound like there's another problem.

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
The only thing I will add. If your fuel pump wiring is stock, your pump will not run with the key on.