Fuel line problem *pictures*

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
im swappin in a 2jzgte into my 91 supra and so im getting all the fuel system situated. the car has been sitting for two years with half a tank of gas and no additives, yes I know that's a problem but back then didn't know what I was doing. so now I dropped the gas tank and it didn't looked to bad I guess I would call it varnish. so in seeing that I decided to rig my fuel pump to run fuel cleaner through the lines and out came a nasty dark brown. so what im stuck at now is do I keep flushing the lines with some cleaner or do I have a stainless steel line made at a shop that fits exact?? and what could I use to clean the gas tank?? also what size is the stock fuel feed line for the mk3 turbo some use -6an which is 3/8 some say its smaller which would be a 5/16 next any helpful info appreciated

here is my gas tank from the inside from top to bottom

what came out when I flushed the fuel feed line fuel return wasn't as bad but still had a brown tint

another view of the gas tank where the fuel pump sits

fuel cleaner I was using

my fuel pump bracket all pitted and shitty. if anyone has a good one or know where I can get one please let me know

Last edited:

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Drain the tank.....there is a drain plug on the bottom to make it very easy. As far as the pump hanger goes.....Those are around 150 I think if not higher and there are like 12 left in the world according to Toyota. I might have a spare kicking around though.