fuel leak

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
Ok guys, I noticed 3 weeks ago fuel dripping from the back end of my car. It had sat for about 3 days then. I had just had an opperation and wasnt allowed to drive for 3 weeks anyway.

I tried to start it up today and it took a few seconds but then fired up fine. I walked to the back of the car looking to find fuel dripping. sure enough it was. the engine then caughed and spluttered for a little bit and died.

Now i had asked a mechanic friend to have a look for me incase its a fuel line. only thing is with it cuting out after a few seconds i think its most likely to be the fuel line to the engine. Does anyone hear think itll drive a few hundred yards to his garage? or best to get a tow?

Ps the fuel has again stopped leaking so im fairly certain its a pipe and not the tank.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, this isn't something I'd like to try, but if his shop is really only a couple blocks away I suppose you could drive it there before the exhaust near the muffler got hot enough to ignite the fuel.... I'd keep a fire extinguisher handy though and have someone follow me. First make sure it's not dripping on to the exhaust directly though. I really don't recommend this though.

Personally, at that distance I'd get a friend to help push it.

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
yeah ive had a better idea. I know a lad whos an aa patrol man. im going to ask him if he will very kindly tow me or even have a quick look himself.

Id do this myself but having just had an inguinal hernia opperation i really think its unwise.

Its a shame as it is literally a 2 minute drive. and if it cut out whilst going over a junction id not be able to push it myself

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
few problems with that idea supramacist lol

1, i have no garage

2, i live with the parents

3, we in the uk have nhs so free medical care lol

lol good idea if i lived over there in your neck of the woods though

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
Who does have free medical care????
I'm retired marine corp and I have to pay just like everyone else.

I'd tow it before driving it Unless I just didn't give a rats ass.

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
well back on topic

I think its fixed. A friend who is a breakdown patrol type worker called over and had a look for me. it was as we thought. split rubber fuel pipe.

trouble is the fuel has all leaked out now so i gotta go buy some fresh fuel tomorrow and see what happens