fuel issue

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
ok i recently reacquired my 1988 mk3 supra <3 but the dude i got it back from isnt all there so no im currently chasing all the loose ends.

the fuel issue im having is when i turn the key to on the pump doesnt come on..

i have jumped terminals Fp and +B and the pump turns on.

so i know the pump is good.

how do i get the fuel pump to turn on with the ignition?

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
oh ok this is news to me. thank you i will try and crank it with the cold start port loose to see if fuel is coming out.. if not then the fuel may not be geting past the fpr to pressurize the system. which ive had stop my cressida from starting.. lmao

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
with the jumper applied doesnt the pump run whenever the key is on? did yu try to start it with the jumper in? i had a similar issue with my toyota truck recently...turned out the cold start time switch was bad.

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
hey just spoke to the guy i got the car from says the tank was flat empty when he gave it to me. i put gas is but not much, im gunna put more in her tonite and see..

thinking i may not have enough fuel to start lmao..

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
well i put another 2 1/2 gallons in it.. tryed it.. no start, jumped the pump still no start..

jumped the pump with the fpr line loose it squirt out.. so its geting passed the fpr

sprayed some starer fluid and it idled at 1000 for a few...

are my injectors not firing wtf?

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
idk how long it sat for i just recently reacquired it, and will a 7mge fpr work? i had to replace the one on my cress and it fired up with the new 1 so i know its good.

i just dont know if the 7mge fpr is a raising rate like the turbo fpr.. will the n/a fpr raise the fp per pound of boost?

also i think the guy may have plumbed the fuel lines backwards which hard line is the "in"line and which is the "return" line

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
what im guna do to see is take off the return line and jump the pump and see if it flows out that line if so we'll know the problem

if not il try with the "in" line and if it flows out that line we'll know the problem lies else where

most likly in the fpr but we'll see

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
I do not know the answer for that. It might let you get it to start but i don't know about driving it. And the easiest way that I know to find out if the line are plumbed wrong is to pull the fuel lines jump the fuel pump see witch line the fuel is coming out of. The fuel should go to the jtube going into the back of the fuel rail (clostest to the fire wall) and the returne linne comes out of the fpr. Sry I can't answer the fpr question but I'm still learning stuff hear everyday.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Sry bro doing all of this from my phone and it's smarter then me lol. All I can do is just try and guide you threw it. I have the tsrm in my lap right now. The dampener is on the back side of you fuel rail. ( should have a plastic cover on it looks like the fpr but it's bigger and has no vac line on it. The fpr is at the front of your fuel rail ( the one by the oil cap with a vac line that should be coming out of it)

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
is there a diagram you can show me? because my fpr is plumbed the hard line that comes out of the fpr then down and between intake to a soft line that connects it to the j pipe then out the j pipe to the tank..

and the in line is from the tank to the filter location then to the rail..

can some shed some light on this topic...