Fuel Injector Clinic or Sard

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I am torn between these two drop in injector companies. The injectors in question were the Fuel Injector Clinic 650cc High-Z drop ins (http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/cgi-local/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=IS147-0650H)
and the sard 650cc drop ins (https://www.speedforsale.com/supraparts/sard-sard-650cc-injectors-stock-fuel-rail-p-647.html)

Will I be cheaping out if I go with the fuel injector clinic injectors, or are they on par with the Sard's, just at a lower price. They will be going into a modified stock 1jz rail.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I looked through FIC's offerings and they don't seem to make sidefeed injectors, so you would definitely need another rail to run them. IMO the additional expense of the Sard's is worth saving the trouble.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I am pretty sure the Sards are built by Denso correct? I have a set of Blitz 850cc drop ins and I had one that stuck open brand new. I am assuming I just got unlucky and it just needs to be rebuilt but I thought I would share that information. The Blitz injectors are built by Denso as well.

If I was to buy injectors again I would go with an aftermarket rail and domestic injectors. The price is not that much more expensive and you get a much better selection of injectors to choose from.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
I'm running the SARD 650cc direct drop in and is working great thus far but ...
10secdream;1485189 said:
If I was to buy injectors again I would go with an aftermarket rail and domestic injectors. The price is not that much more expensive and you get a much better selection of injectors to choose from.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mike, I bought mine from RHDJapan and they arrived in about three or four days. Super fast shipping and I've never had one second of problems out of them in over three years. The other company mentinoed, I don't know anything about. Good luck.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I'm not sure if there's so much of a performance difference with the injectors. I know that certain older ones aren't made very well (i.e. most 1600cc). Which makes the newer, larger units much more suitable for tuning with standalones and getting the idle right. Something to do with how the injector activates, they are getting a lot better.