Fuel filter Fitting snapped on "out" side

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
hi guys. I was installing my MKIV fuel pump and i decided to change that 20 year old fuel filter as well. the banjo bolt came off easily however the fitting with the line atached gave me trouble. The threads were loose; however, the line and the fitting were rusted together. The line was twisting as i was turning the fitting and eventually snapped off. What are my options in terms of replacement? Thanks in advance!
-Steve

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
any input on my issue? can someone tell me what size an fitting from the FF i need and what size hose?
-Steve

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
do the ghetto rig method, take the line down to your local auto store and tell then you need whatever amount of fuel hose that fits the hard line. pretty much bridge the gap where it broke at. I cut mine like 2in the put the hose on. sounds ghetto but shit better than a whole new line.

or pay out the ass to replace the hard line.

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
they told me they didnt have the correct size. does anyone know the AN size for the outlet of the fuel filter?

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
their full of shit, its like 3/8 or something for the fuel hose... I know its ghetto but to get you rollen its the best way...