fuel damper problems.....can someone help?

Vash

Sep 9, 2012
Tennessee
It runs great now but now I have another problem. The fuel damper leaks out of the top. Replaced the washers still leaks. I put a good damper on and still leaks out of the top, not by the threads but on top like where the lip is under the plastic cap. I read somewhere that you could replace it with a banjo bolt. I did that and it no longer leaks. Now the problem is I hit fuel cut after 3k.... not every time but more then not. Was this a smart fix? I think the problem might be because im running a walbro fp, its a 283lph pump. Any advice? ??

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Chewy, why didn't you say something about it...lol. I thought you had completely fixed the leaking and it was running great.

Last edited:

Vash

Sep 9, 2012
Tennessee
No I haven't bypassed the j tube yet, ill look into that I have the next 3 days off to figure this out. Thank you

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
What? I have never heard of the transition of voltage making the car feel like it is feeling like it is hitting fuel cut. Going from 8-12v is nothing more then the fuel pump pushing more fluid. If there is nothing to support the extra fuel being delivered then it will hit fuel cut yes, but it isn't the transition of voltage.
Chewy get with John and grab one of his sets of 550s and a lex afm and that will help you out a lot.