Fuel cut (fc) wiring questions

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
I have some in depth questions about fuel cut, not about removing it but more of how it functions. Im not sure if I should post this here or in the fuel cut discussion but here it is. I have a 2jzge with 7mgte ecu, harness, etc etc that i just got running in my datsun, wired in fairly minimally. I would actually like to have a functioning fuel cut if I can. It appears in the wiring diagrams that the fuel cut wire just activates the circuit opening relay to kill injector power. My fc wire is currently not run to anything so I was wondering if anyone knows if there would be any running side effects besides the ecu not being able to fuel cut. In addition, would I be able to run my fc wire to hypothetically a separate relay to interrupt the ignitors fire signal or something creating a safer ignition cut when too much boost is hit?
Thanks in advance for input

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
Bump, to sum it up, what besides not having a fuel cut, will not having the fc wire from the ecu run to a circuit opening relay do for running/boosting?
Appears in wiring diags that fc is the ground side of a relay coil?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
The COR controls the fuel pump not injector power. Fuel Cut is a firmware derived function based on airflow and is implemented by directly halting fuel injection. The COR is not involved. The FC wire controlling one coil of the COR is used to prevent fueling upon engine stoppage. It's there in case of collision.

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
Aah thank you very much, so il have a functioning fuel cut and its a non issue. That makes sense now fc is fuel control not fuel cut.