Frozen Camber Adjustment, what do I need to cut and replace?

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Took my car for dealership alignment, basically everything was frozen. My rear camber is horribly off it's just sitting on the inside and killing my tires and making my rear end skip a lot. What do I actually need to replace? I know for sure I have to get the camber arms after they're cut, I'm going to worry about my other adjustments when I have the money, they're not nearly as bad as the rear camber. Her'es what battleversion has http://battleversion.com/store/supra-mk3-86-92/. I haven't seen much other aftermarket and buying used stuff will probably have similar issues as mine does anyway. Thanks for the help. :)

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
you took your car to a dealership and they could answer these questions? I'd suggest not ever going to them again if that's the case.
and there shouldn't be any cutting unless you have nuts and bolts welded together but even with a lot of rust on them they will come free with PB blaster and some heat.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
They did. I just don't remember everything, my memory sucks. Well if they sprayed their shiz on it, tried cranking the bolts with a break bar and a pipe over it wouldn't budge. Too much the bolt will just snap, it's not that uncommon in older cars seen plenty of threads about it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You cut the bolts out. Replace the bushing and bolts and install.

Or cut the bolts out and replace the arms and bolts. Beech and battle version both have arms.

It's more common in the front then the rear tho.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Sometimes alignments can get very expensive with a MKIII. Usually the bolts seize in the bushings in control arms. Make sure you check all of the adjustable bolts front and rear.

Who ever does the work make sure to use plenty of anti-seize on bolts going through bushings. IMO good luck.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I more meant if I need to adjust camber, which bolts need to be adjusted? View attachment 74871 Going by depth I know the first one, does the 2nd one need to be adjusted to adjust camber as well?

Basically, I need to fix camber. Other stuff worry about later. What minimally would I have to cut/replace to fix my negative camber? Just the 1st camber link or the 2nd as well?

The alignment guy at the dealer told me if you cut the bolts off you're going to ruin the camber bar and other links too.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
super51fan;2032267 said:
Sometimes alignments can get very expensive with a MKIII. Usually the bolts seize in the bushings in control arms. Make sure you check all of the adjustable bolts front and rear.

Who ever does the work make sure to use plenty of anti-seize on bolts going through bushings. IMO good luck.
Yeah we pretty much had an inspection done at the dealer, pretty much all of them are frozen. :(