froubaby's 7mgte rebuild

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
Holy crap, I just finished deep cleaning the seats, trunk carpet and floormats and WOW they look brand spankin' new! Ugh, I can't wait till the car is running. I already know I'm going to pee myself when I put this in. :)

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
another south florida owner :eek:.. good luck :D interior looks amazingg. do you mind posting the link of the place u got it from?

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
Bluechulappa;1684331 said:
Nice! I'm watching this thread. Great looking cars. I like how you used the tC as a motor transport I also have a tC as a daily driver. If you think that was hard try putting a motor in the back of an xB hatch! LOL
Sweet! Do you have anything done to your tC? I wouldn't even think of loading an engine in the back of a xB without taking the door off completely. lol

SupraRon;1684450 said:
Nice work. I'll be watching your thread. I thought I was crazy for putting my engine in a Mazda 5. You're brave for using your tC! :D
Thanks! You should see the amount of stuff I've had in the back of the tC before. I use it as if it's a trunk.

spencyg;1684595 said:
God bless chicks with dirty fingernails.

Nice friggin work. My jaw dropped when I saw a 7M successfully loaded into the back of a Scion. Kudos.

SG in NE
LOL Thanks! We ended up having to take off the hatch shocks and I held up the hatch with my back while we were loading it in and again for unloading, but it worked. You should see the amount of stuff I've had in the back of the tC before. I use it as if it's a trunk.

dmp316;1684684 said:
froubaby man very nice build so far. I am hoping we can link up here is south FL, so you can help me out with my build. What HG are you going with?
Send me your contact info and we can definitely meet up though I don't know when I'll be finished with this rebuild. I'm taking it slow though. I'm not sure if I'm doing the GReddy or HKS MHG as I need to see what the machine shop says first.

xzeror;1684830 said:
another south florida owner :eek:.. good luck :D interior looks amazingg. do you mind posting the link of the place u got it from?

Do I have to tell? lol Create a saved search on eBay for them and you'll be notified when another set is for sale.

IBoughtASupra;1684970 said:
Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

dmp316

Yard Man
Jan 25, 2011
Cape Coral,FL and Jamaica
froubaby;1685337 said:
Send me your contact info and we can definitely meet up though I don't know when I'll be finished with this rebuild. I'm taking it slow though. I'm not sure if I'm doing the GReddy or HKS MHG as I need to see what the machine shop says first.

cool deal bro thanks. BTW what machine shop did you get to do the job. I have bought a MK3 and the HG is still good, i just want to change it so i can add some HP

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
dmp316;1685417 said:
cool deal bro thanks. BTW what machine shop did you get to do the job. I have bought a MK3 and the HG is still good, i just want to change it so i can add some HP

Chica, not bro. :) I'll be going with a place in Ft Lauderdale called John's Cages.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

So I got most of the Recaro interior in the car today.

The driver door will need some modifying to get the door locks plastic piece to fit:4
supra-rebuild-000047.JPG

Stock rear removed:
supra-rebuild-000048.JPG

Recaro rear installed (seats and panels):
supra-rebuild-000049.JPG

Floormats to go with:
supra-rebuild-000050.JPG

Passenger seat in:
supra-rebuild-000051.JPG

Passenger side done (minus the passenger door panel):
supra-rebuild-000052.JPG

The three things left to do for the Recaro interior are:
1. Driver door modification to get the Recaro insert put on.
2. Passenger door Recaro insert - need to get the car out of the garage to open the car door to get the overall panel off.
3. Bolt in the driver seat.

This interior is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! :)