Front wheel stud replacement

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
hey guys i need some advice i need to replace som studs on my drivers front wheel. its a 1990 supra turbo. I have taken out my rotor and brake assembly but the studs seem to be in a sealed unit?? :3d_frown: is it possible to replace individual studs or do i have to replace that unit??

sogi99

Jan 2, 2008
Elk Grove, CA
once you take of the rotor you should be able to knock out the studs one by one and put one back in and if you have an impact gun you can put a few washers tighten the bolt.

rcboricua07;1136342 said:
hey guys i need some advice i need to replace som studs on my drivers front wheel. its a 1990 supra turbo. I have taken out my rotor and brake assembly but the studs seem to be in a sealed unit?? :3d_frown: is it possible to replace individual studs or do i have to replace that unit??

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
sogi99;1136411 said:
once you take of the rotor you should be able to knock out the studs one by one and put one back in and if you have an impact gun you can put a few washers tighten the bolt.

the studs cant be reached they are enclosed in a unit reffered to the axle hub its kind of annoying really I have to take off the dust cover on the back side of the steering knuckle to then remove the nut then to pull out the unit...im still not successful

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
yeah you will definatley need to pull out the hub assembly to get that thing out....ask me how i know....It's a great time to replace a bearing or a ball joint if you need them. But to sum it up....it is truly much more complicated than it needs to be.

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
black87turbo;1136546 said:
yeah you will definatley need to pull out the hub assembly to get that thing out....ask me how i know....It's a great time to replace a bearing or a ball joint if you need them. But to sum it up....it is truly much more complicated than it needs to be.

yea it really is more complicated then it needs to be just to replace some studs but I guess its the price u payin for lovin a car like the supra lol but i pretty much figured it out, thanks for reassuring me i was doing the right thing