Front wheel stud replacement

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Ok, I see this question alot and get asked It alot. The front wheel studs for a car with abs, how do you replace it? Well never fear I made a vid to. This is the way i did it do it at your own risk or people flaming you. I didnt remove the spindle bec who really wants to replace a wheel brg. I'm no expert!!! But I did it back in 08ish and drove it everyday untill 2010 and then only when its nice or I feel like it and its seen the track (road racing) many times with no wheel brg probs. Pics and a vid are included.
p1827384_1.jpg

p1827384_2.jpg

p1827384_3.jpg

p1827384_4.jpg

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Thank you soo much man, that was awesome...... You are a BOSS..... I'm bored sooo ima jus go and replace all my studs now.... :D

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
so i need to replace my front wheel studs to run a spacer. i get arp wheel studs. this looks like a good option instead of breaking down the whole hub. the only thing that seems to be left out is how to you get the studs out? im guessing you just hammered them out but won't that damage the wheel bearing?

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Smack it hard enough with a sledgehammer and it will drive the stud out in one clean motion without any harm to the wheel bearing (think of how to install freeze plugs...one big WHACK instead of a bunch of small taps).

The 'right' way is a special service tool which wraps around the hub and pushes the stud out, but the only ones you can find nowadays are the cheap generic ones that are a one-size-fits-none.