front suspension swap

boostintrdstyle

boostintrdstyle-
Jan 6, 2008
danielson
www.myspace.com
ive been thinking how to make the supra font end a better drift friendly setup there's a guy in the uk that has a sick setup including a vmount intercooler but can't find out any info

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can add spacers.

Run lots of camber.

Or modify the hub.

Basically the same thing 240 guys do.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
More Angle:
- Steering rack spacers from Beech Performance
- Delete steering damper
- Modify/delete steering stops
- 25mm wheel spacer

p1800347_1.jpg

I've been planning on getting better pics of that steering vs the stock steering but havent had time

Camber:
typically ~2-3 degrees depending on what you need.. max for stock setup is like ~2.. Beech performance is selling adjustable upper control arms

Attachments

• angle.jpg
    angle.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 7

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
if you pick up any of the real JDM drifto magazines, theyll help you probably the best, cause thers alot of cars over in japan they still drift that are like ours, and they still get crazy angle out of there stuff.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
The pic I posted above is almost maxing out the rack.. I'll try to get an accurate measurement of angle

We were going to investigate using a sc300 rack one of these days.. I've heard rumors that it will give some more and not be too hard of a swap BUT haven't had time to research it

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
lolol downgrade to McPherson strut? why in the name of all that is holy would you want to do that.... gaining positive camber on compression...yeah that'll help....lol.

TheMaxx

Jan 8, 2012
orlando
mk3* appears to have quite a bit of angle, I have to agree with everyone else in trying to change the suspension set up to macpherson would just be a step backwards.
Are you already drifting the car? My first concern would probably be good coilover's and bigger brakes

boostintrdstyle;1800328 said:
ive been thinking how to make the supra font end a better drift friendly setup the double wishbone design isnt the best i was wondering if anyone has put a macpherson strut setup from another toyota on to the car maybe a celica or corolla any help is appreciated

Don't do it...

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
i'll have to get an accurate measurement of ours.. We were with some 240 guys the other weekend and they started talking about how Supras are impossible to get angle out of.. pulled out the pic and told them the few simple things that were done.. always nice to see someone admit they are wrong

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
hey im running a completely depowered rack with 5mm spacers installed, damper removed, shaved bumpstops and some 20mm wheel spacers. you can certainly drift this car and with these few simple mods you can get good angle.