Front end link Suggestion.

Danny7

Mar 7, 2014
Wisconsin
While doing front bushings on my supra I ended up having to cut the end link bolt to separate it from the knuckle. The oem end links look like pencils but seem to do the job ha! Well now that I cut one I need to get a new set. I saw Beech had a nice set but I don't know for 100 bucks. Not doing anything crazy with the car. Any suggestions on not so expensive ones out there. Possibly ones without an Allen?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The Allen is there to holt the stud while you loosen the nut.

Stock or the one such as beech for 100 are about your only choice. Not really anything in between as far as I know

Danny7

Mar 7, 2014
Wisconsin
I know the Allen is there to hold the stud. Mine stripped out that is why I cut it. Alrighty thanks may just end up getting some stock ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I hate the stock endlinks... Well, maybe just the fact that they're 26 years old and rusted to all hell.

Just me?

Can't be..

Danny7

Mar 7, 2014
Wisconsin
I am doing the rear now and I noticed that they are plastic. My buddy said a lot of cars have plastic rear end links. I was unaware ha.

Danny7

Mar 7, 2014
Wisconsin
When I was doing the front I had to cut one end link bolt because the Allen stripped. Just was asking what people recommend for new ones. Not 100 beech ones. Yesterday I was dropping the rear subframe and I noticed the rear ones were plastic. I was just noting because this is my first time digging into a supra.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I thought only the rears were plastic as the sway bar tore the tab off the suspension arm

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Fronts were always metal, they were from the factory and replacement ones from Toyota are also metal.
Rears were originally metal on 86 to mid-87, after that they changed to plastic.

A lot of aftermarket suppliers incorrectly list the front ones as rear ones since the same front ones from the MK3 and MK4 were used for the rear on the Gen7 Celica, but the rears are approximately 15mm longer than the fronts. I am currently using the factory front metal ones on all 4 corners, however if they rear sway bar is not perfectly centered it can rub on the axle shaft, I would say you need about 10mm longer for the rear than the front. There are some Mitsubishi links that would work well (correct length and thread) for the rear if you are looking for metal ones.

Jeff

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I need some new links, as mine are junk and seized and what not. Not really looking to spend $120/pair for the adjustable ones... Any ideas there Jeff? Also, I'm running ST bars front and rear.. I'm just waiting to break one of the rear links lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk