Front Control Arm Bushing Question

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
Okay so my upper control arm bushings are shot on the passenger side up front. My question is, Is there any type of bushing that I should look into getting? I cant afford the polyurethane bushings from DM, but is there another afermarket set out there? Or should I stick with OEM?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Energy suspension bushings are the least expensive option available if you're going aftermarket,
and they're certainly cheaper as a set than oem.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Me? no- not yet.
I've got both front and rears sitting on a garage shelf in their boxes, waiting to be installed.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
You can't beat the price. Be sure to not heat the control arm up to high while removing the old ones or just have them pressed out. I have replaced all my bushings with poly bushings.

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
Good, I need new bushings soon. Every time I hit the brakes, there was a distinct clunk in the front end, and when work got slow I had my co worker drive the car back and forth, hitting the brake, and you could actually see the upper control arm moving back and forth, its pretty bad.

So has anyone heard of this site? http://www.energysuspensionbushing.com/home.php they call themselves a "discount reseller" of energy bushings. They have a front control arm bushing set for around 25 bucks for the supra with free shipping. Whereas other sites are selling the front bushing set for over 80 dollars. Whats the catch here?

Last edited: