fresh rebuild, to rich to test drive. maft pro?

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
well guy's this isn't my first rodeo,

but i've come across a problem i do need some brain storming power for.

The Issue is the car will fire up, idle smooth, and will idle stoich for about a min or less, and then richen up till it's running rough. and 9/10 afr im guesing pegged.
Also when you apply throttle out of gear it will rev to 1500/2000 and loop back and forth between the rpm range, and doesn't matter how much throttle you give it.
most quick blips would kill it.

i found the map sensor was reading off, it would rear 60-70kpa with key on, dissconnected from any vac source. when you start the car it would jump to 85/90, im roughly at 1100 feet in elevation. so from research i've learned you lose 4% of the pressure for every 1000 feet. i brought my map from my maft pro up and tested it, showed very similar results and ran the exact same way.
so 101kpa sea level i should see 96kpa

i've made attemps to pull as much as -55% on the main scale. and have also adjusted the ve table to a point which should have shut the car off. with vaules of 1/2 in the first 24 cell's. so there was a big flat spot in the map.....

from what i have seen the maft pro was soldered in correctly. just the hac mod wasn't done for the 89 ecu. which was pretty simple, use a razor balde to sratch a line through the R505 trace, and solder a wire to the ecu input
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=32695&highlight=hac+mod

when i first installed the motor and was setting the timming, i checked the code's. 21, 51

intake air temp sensor(21) and open switch, tps or a/c and im guessing since the a/c button is disconnected must have opened the tps while testing, but i re-set the tps any ways.it was @ .54 and i've backed it down to .38

Now the car spec's are:

maft pro
780cc Rc's
fordged pistons
eagle rods
mhg
fresh valve grind
new rings & bearings
boss series turbo 67mm.

i've recently have done the 89+ hac mod to the ecu. which through the code 35 for the hac mod sensor...

i also have flashed the maft pro w/ 5.0 files.

the codes atm are 21air temp sensor 24 o2 heater circuit 31-rich condition for to long. 35 hac sensor

the J tube has been drilled and still on stock fpr and im not sure if it's a ture walbro that should be in the car or if it's a stock pump .

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
code 51 you cannot set the timing correctly.

the map you are running now, have you ran before on the car?

have you checked the IDL to E2 when throttle is closed? when it is open?

never had the code 24 with the mpro. when the car comes out of open loop if the 02 is fubar i can imagine it would idle like crap.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
well it's running alot better now.

started today smoothing the map around, re-checking that every thing is set right.

then i start pushing the main scale around trying to get the car to respond,
checked vac lines, andfor the hell of it pulled the afm wires out from where i tucked them. and the car died...

i go back check the log and found that the ax1 voltage came up and leaned out

made a few adjustments, re-fired and once i go the vf1 voltage to stablize and afr to remain stoich , i finally started smoothing the map out the rest of the way.

so from what happened today i am going to say that vs wire grounded out and caused all infomation from the maft pro to not get read by the ecu..

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
You will get a code 21 with the Maft Pro because the ECU powers up before the Maft does. There's a mod to fix that.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
what are your MP readings at idle?

Fuel pressure? Your going to have to pull a LOT of fuel with the 780's. Work with fuel pressure first, then mainscale. Once you get idle vf's dialed in apply the mainscale to the off boost regions on the ve table ONLY. Work on wot one rpm range at a time.