fresh rebuild code 22 23 and 32

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
ok so just got my new rebuild to idle kind of. waiting on a friend with a timing light to check timing. any ways will timeing not adjusted yet cause these codes???

it will fire up and idle but as soon as you touch the throttle it dies. i checked the AFM resistance and it all good.

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
the TSRM is just for air temperature. To properly test the AFM, you need a oscilloscope. Its supposed to be a constant square wave that gets higher frequency as the rpms go up. A bad AFM will show an
erratic signal, sometimes just flatline or much lower frequency than normal.
Or you can check the karman side
But just change the dam thing and see what happens.
And fix the 22 and 32

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
ok just swaped out the AFM with a good one i got of a friends car no change in the way it runs. it starts and idles not bad but as soon as i touch the gas it dies. If i slowly open gas the idle will go till sputters and dies...

Ok question how do i check from the AFM connector to ECU and what am i checking for continutity or voltage. trying to eliminating posible broken wire...

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
ok sorry but its a GTE and no its still got the code 22 but not deaing with it yet, here in hawaii the temp is a cold 72 today. Also now with the other AFM in its throwing a code 31 not 32 there both the same thing thoe.

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
dam just found two broken wires one red blK stripe and the other is red blue strip there right next to each other in the big wiring harness just bellow the TPS area. Problem is i dont know what they go to...

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
one is Red Blue strip still havent found what it goes to. After looking at the wireing diagram in the book the only wire i saw that was red blue stripe was the vsv for the FPR, but the plug on it is red blk and pink kinda lost.

redid a continuity test from AFM plug to ECU and its good. Also not geting the code 31 or 32 any more only and was able to rev it up once very rich. So i was thinking maby TPS, but as i was trying to set the TPS the turbo is starting to spool and idle is little surgy...now im lost...

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
did a continuity test from AFM plug to ECU and its good. Also not geting the code 31 or 32 any more only and was able to rev it up once very rich. So i was thinking maby TPS, but as i was trying to set the TPS the turbo is starting to spool and idle is little surgy...now im lost... or is it a vacume leak