Fresh build and burning a lot of oil

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
I have a freshly build motor and it is burning a ton of oil. I had it running for maybe a hour and a half and its burned a qt of oil. The car isn't leaking any on the garage floor and the spark plugs are clean, so i don't believe its my rings or valve stems. I'm starting to think that the turbo seals might be bad? I'm doing a compression test later today and pulling the down-pipe to see if oil is in it, but any other advice?

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
You sure its burning it? Try topping it off again and run it again, see if it dissapears again. If you have an aftermarket cooler, maybe it was just filling up the system. Also make sure you wait about 5 mins after you shut off the motor to check the oil level.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
any smoke out the exhaust? have you driven it at all? you'll know if the turbo seals are gone when you pull up and a smoke cloud passes you... (thats what my ct26 did when it went anyway)

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
paradox616;1516585 said:
any smoke out the exhaust? have you driven it at all? you'll know if the turbo seals are gone when you pull up and a smoke cloud passes you... (thats what my ct26 did when it went anyway)

I am getting smoke out of the exhaust but not enough to engulf the car I tends to see a good amount then i let off and am rolling up to a stop sign.

kamikazemkiii;1516608 said:
Could be, have you used that turbo before? Just making sure but you did stagger the oil rings right?

I double and triple checked the oil rings and their spacing so I'm really hoping they are not the problem