fpr vaccum help

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
i was just wondering (im cleaning my engine bay of all those vaccum lines that are useless :p....

the vsv that control the fpr i bypassed it.... but i was just wondering for the fuel pressure regulator... if i bypass the vsv i must put vaccum at all time on the fpr?? or only when i hit the thorttle?? or it dosent matter??

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
dont really understand the question. how would you put vac on the fpr only when you hit the throttle?

either way, you need to hook up a post throttlebody vac line to the fpr for it to function correctly.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
How are most of those vacuum lines useless?

Toyota wouldn't spend the extra buck just to fill up the engine bay with hoses.

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
all cruise control.. egr evap vac etc are useless for me :D but the quetion is the vsv (selenoid) that is on the fpr is neccesary?? what it do?? cuz i must know if i can bypass it cuz its broke

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
No can read the book Monsewer? The VSV is for increasing fuel pressure during hot starts. You can remove/bypass it if you wish but as was pointed out the FPR must be connected to the manifold. You may or may not suffer hot start issues depending on several things.

And it's "vacuum". Think 2 U...

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
jetjock said:
No can read the book Monsewer? The VSV is for increasing fuel pressure during hot starts. You can remove/bypass it if you wish but as was pointed out the FPR must be connected to the manifold. You may or may not suffer hot start issues depending on several things.

And it's "vacuum". Think 2 U...

ok but my car is always hard to start neway :p.... i carank it start but engine shut down.... im french so sry for my english... the car staal i must remove the efi fuse and make 6-7 crank turn to burn the gas in my cylinder.... then i must start it again some time... too much gas at start?? cold strt injector shooting too much?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
No problem, I'm 50% French Canuck myself.

You didn't say if your hard start was hot or cold. Since each can be caused by different things I can't offer much advice. For hot starts it could be simply because the VSV is, as you said, broken. It could also be high fuel pressure, loss of rest pressure, leaky injectors (including the cold start), or a funky idle control system, among others. Start by checking fuel pressure. While you're there check rest pressure. It should not quickly bleed away after the engine is shut down.

Here's a another tip: Instead of removing the EFI fuse next time just hold the pedal to the floor. As with all EFI cars the TCCS goes into flooded start mode and shut offs the injectors when it sees WOT on the TPS during cranking. Course, if the problem is pressure related or an injector is leaking that won't help but it's one way to see if the problem is electronic or mechanical.

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
jetjock said:
No problem, I'm 50% French Canuck myself.

You didn't say if your hard start was hot or cold. Since each can be caused by different things I can't offer much advice. For hot starts it could be simply because the VSV is, as you said, broken. It could also be high fuel pressure, loss of rest pressure, leaky injectors (including the cold start), or a funky idle control system, among others. Start by checking fuel pressure. While you're there check rest pressure. It should not quickly bleed away after the engine is shut down.

Here's a another tip: Instead of removing the EFI fuse next time just hold the pedal to the floor. As with all EFI cars the TCCS goes into flooded start mode and shut offs the injectors when it sees WOT on the TPS during cranking. Course, if the problem is pressure related or an injector is leaking that won't help but it's one way to see if the problem is electronic or mechanical.

okay thanks.. and my starting problem is on both.. hot and cold start i think my cold start injector has a problem... but neway for the other dude im not removing everything i dont know what it is... im simply cleaning the engine bay by removering anything that is not functionnal nemore (a 20 year old egr valve can be functionning?) and neway my both vsv are broke.... i wont spend money on things that i dont need