Found One of My Past Supra In the Junk Yard Today...

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
A friend and I checked out a local yard today and wouldn't you know it, I found my most recent Supra that I sold last October. A guy came and bought it, on his way out he yelled back, "When were done with it, you won't recognize it!". Well, I did...

Kinda sad in a way, the car had potential, just fell into the wrong hands. Anyway, thought I'd share:

img1421z.jpg

img1422c.jpg

Before:

img0029k.jpg

img0035nx.jpg

1000437kq.jpg

img3800s.jpg

img3798o.jpg

img3799.jpg

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Haha, a few key things;

Most noticeable, passenger side rear fender had a spot of surface rust.

I cleaned the heck out the that engine bay and was familiar with it.

I refinished the valve covers with a noticeable brown color, they were sitting on top of the hood on the roof, head was gone (recently rebuild by previous owner).

There was a zip tie on the coolant overflow tank keeping the cap on (previous owner).

And I found the powder coated intake manifold I put on it.

It took me a moment or two to admit it was mine, I almost couldn't believe it.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
That car looks to be in good condition.. All the supra's i've seen in the junkyards are trash. There was also one where i didn't even notice it was a supra, had some garage made kit that made it look like a blob.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Really? I just drove by there on friday, I havent stopped by there in years though, last time I bought two early 90's Suzuki parts bikes. I know one of the brothers son bought the 7M block out of my 87 last year. So they are probalby looking for them. Id almost rather them get them, I'm not fimilar with the prices there, but at least you can buy a whole car from them vs crazy rays witch will not allow it.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Thanks for the replies,

I would like to say most of the damage/missing pieces was from people picking parts off it, the interior was raped as well, most of the dash was disassembled.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I wonder why they junked it?

Could be worse. It could be painted pink and have fuzzy princess seat covers on it.

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
Odd to see nicer condition Supras in the junkyard. I'm also wondering why it was ditched.

destrux;1665612 said:
Could be worse. It could be painted pink and have fuzzy princess seat covers on it.

I agree. I was driving down the road one day and this caught my eye..made a U turn to confirm what I saw.
p1665621_1.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
destrux;1665612 said:
I wonder why they junked it?

As I see nothing physically wrong with it, it probably blew a headgasket or rod knocked.